Practice at Home
- Getting your touches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD9Phduh9S8
- Big Footwork in a Tiny Box. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgsymJy0RJk&list=PLqFj_wAxwr1xeD1eoA7WVev-mZi_j0CLg&index=4&t=0s
- Milwaukee Kickers Soccer Club (MKSC)- our parent club's home page with schedules and rules
- Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association (WYSA)- our state youth soccer organization
- US Youth Soccer- our national youth soccer organization.
Laws of the Game
- Rule changes for 2019-2020. Link
- U6 Rules for MKSC Rec League. (4vs.4)
- U7-U8 Rules for MKSC Rec League. (4vs.4)
- U9-U10 Rules for MKSC Rec League (7vs.7)
- U11-U12 Rules for MKSC Rec League (9vs.9)
Parent and Coach Expectations
- MKSC Club Courtesy and Conduct Policy- our club's expectations for parents, players and coaches.
- WYSA Guidelines for Sideline Behavior- recommendations for spectators at youth soccer games.
- WYSA Zero Tolerance Policy- our state's policy on the appropriate treatment of youth soccer referees.
- US Soccer Digital Coaching Center- resources available if you have a US Soccer National F license or higher
- Massachusetts Youth Soccer Coaching Resources- coaching session plans organized by age and training topic
- United Soccer Coaches- a national coaching organization with many great resources
- US Soccer Player Development Initiatives- published September 2016.
- USYS Spatial Awareness, A Progression for Coaching the Tactical Use of the Field of Play through Concepts of Space.
- WYSA's Coaching Resource page: Lots of good articles located here.
- An interview with Xavi: Clearing the Ball is an Intellectual Defeat! "Xavi--often referred to as the best midfielder in the history of the game..." When designing practice games always give defending team a way to score other then, "kick it out of bounds."
- A Rationale for Encouraging Mothers to Coach Youth Sport. Canadian Journal for Women in Coaching.
- US CDC Concussion Training- free online concussion training for parents and coaches
- NSCAA Get aHEAD Safely in Soccer course- free online training about reducing head injuries in soccer
Further Interesting Links
- Changing the Game Project blog- an organization focused on returning youth sports to the players.